- That of the 16 different personality types identified by the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator ® or MBTI® over 45% of Army Reserve leaders reported type was either ISTJ or ESTJ (xSTJ) compared to 24% for the national sample*.
- Male Army Reserve Leaders selected xSTJ 47% of the time and female Army Reserve Leaders 37% of the time**.
- In the national representative sample, male small business leaders selected xSTJ 49% and female small business owners identified with one of these two types 37% of the time according to the national representative sample.
- The least represented personality types in Army Reserve leadership are ISFP and ESFP (xSFP) with only 2.3% compared to the nation representative sample of almost 18% published in 1998 in the MBTI manual. (That number changed to 3.4% in the MBTI manual supplement published in 2009)
- Male Army Reserve leaders are at 2.0% and Females Army Reserve leaders at almost 2.8%
- Male and female small business owners in the national representative sample reported xSFP at 4.3% and 4.9% respectively
* Briggs-Myers, I., McCaulley, M.H., Quenk, N.L., & Hammer, A.L. (2003).